Two jhut (garment rag) warehouses was bunt down as a fire broke out in Ambag area of Konabari in the city early Tuesday, UNB reports.
Hasibur Rahman, station officer of Joydebpur fire service, said the fire broke out at the warehouse owned by Billal Hossain and Bachchu Biswas around 3:00am and soon engulfed it along with another adjoining warehouse.
On information, four firefighting units from Joydebpur and Kaliakoir rushed in and extinguished the blaze at about 8:00 pm. However, none was injured in the incident.
The fire might have originated from an electric short circuit, said the station officer. The officer also said the extent of losses was estimated at Tk25 lakh.