Four people including a man and his two daughters died of electrocution in Patuakhali’s Baufal. The incident occurred when a live electric wire fell on a pond in Dhalaparha village around Friday noon, Baufal Police Station OC Md Asaduzzaman said. The dead were identified as Abdul Hai, 55, his daughters Bina Begum, 22, and Mahua Begum, 20, and his brother-in-law ‘Ibrahim’, 45.
Hai was catching fish in the pond when an overhead electric wire snapped and fell in the water, Kalisuri Union Parishad Chairman Md Rahman Ali told bdnews24.com. He said the other three died in trying to rescue him from the electrified water. Police had taken the bodies to the police station, the OC said.