Start your New Year by setting up a workspace that will keep you motivated all day long. The entrepreneur.com has brought these simple tips to boost productivity in your working environment.
- Reduce clutter by uploading your sticky-note to-do lists into a productivity app like Wunderlist, where you can set reminders and assign tasks.
- Pick a bulb that matches your work. Bluish lighting is good for analytical problem-solving, says environmental psychologist Sally Augustin, a principal at Design With Science. Warmer lighting is best suited for calming and soothing environments.
- According to Augustin, office artwork should be “effortlessly fascinating.” “These are things that draw you in and give the part of your brain that has to focus a break,” she says. Try realistic nature art in a temperate climate, like a forest pathway.
- “Paint walls a green that’s not very saturated but relatively bright, like a sage,” says Augustin. Research shows green encourages creative thinking, and light, bright hues are great for doing knowledge work.
- Your morning buzz should perk you up, not weigh you down — and sugary drinks can carry 500 calories. Registered dietitian LeeAnn Weintraub recommends chai tea instead. “You get that spicy flavor without having the high-fat coffee drink,” she says.
- If the 3 p.m. munchies have you reaching for a salty snack with crunch, bag the chips in favor of pistachios, says Weintraub. “You get the fiber and protein that are going to make them more satisfying.”