The Queen of beauty Cleopatra, used it in her daily skincare regime and Indian households too normally have a bottle of rose water handy at home, The Times Of India understands. Used as a magic potion for beauty treatments and to add flavour to desserts in the kitchen, here are some benefits of rose water –
– It is a powerful mood enhancer due to its strong floral aroma. It gets rid of feelings of anxiety and promotes emotional calmness, making you feel more relaxed.
– Rose water helps hydrate, revitalise and moisturise the skin giving it a refreshed look.
– It is known to treat mild scalp inflammations and get rid of dandruff in your hair. Rose water works wonders as a natural conditioner and revitalises hair growth.
– It has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness of irritated skin, get rid of acne, and dermatitis. A great cleanser it aids in removing oil and dirt accumulated in pores.
– Sprinkle few drops of rose water on your pillow. It will help you sleep better and wake up refreshed.
– Rosewater maintains the skin’s pH balance, and also controls excess oil.
– The antioxidant properties of rose water help to strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues.
– Rose water has anti-bacterial properties which aid in healing scars, cuts and wounds.
– It has anti-aging properties keeping fine lines and wrinkles away.
-It’s astringent like properties helps tone the skin. Applying rose water after steaming tightens capillaries, reduces redness and blotchiness.