Examinations can be challenging for a child, particularly when they do not enjoy studying a specific subject and feel the overall preparation is not up to the mark. Stress is not good for your health and it’s important to take care of your physical and mental well-being if you want to do well in exams.
Parents too, create a lot of pressure for their kids before or during examinations. They totally ignore the fact that the last minute pressure can only worsen the situation and a kid’s health. Having broken sleep, stomach pain, fever, severe headache, crying and irritable behavior or an upset stomach are some of the important signs and symptoms of stress.
Here’s how you can deal with it:
1. Avoid watching TV in late hours: At least 6-7 hours of sleep is important for your concentration levels. Your sleep at night is very important therefore avoid late-night television shows as this will lead to daytime sleepiness.
2. Avoid heavy meals: Instead of eating too much, maintain a nutrition-rich diet which will ensure good health. Make sure you take 6-7 small but healthy meals which should also include 2-3 servings of seasonal fruits and vegetables. Plenty of water intake is a must to deal with stress. Don’t forget to have 8-10 glasses of water everyday.
3. Energy boosters: You can also consult your doctor and try some Ayurvedic Nutritional Health Supplements like Himalaya’s HiOwna-Jr for kids below 10 years and Himalaya’s HiOwna-Sr for 10 yrs and above. 2-3 tea spoons mixed with milk or water that will give you all the essential vitamins and wholesome nutritional support which will further assist your growth and development process. You can also check for Forever Ginkgo Plus that enhances the blood supply to the brain and is a great energy level booster.
4. Meditation: Meditation gives you peace and will drive your mind in the right direction. Start from a very early age and it will help you in a variety of ways. It strengthens your immune system and also builds a lot of self confidence.
5. Don’t say no to outdoor activities: Excessive stress means you will forget everything that you have studied. We strongly recommend you to boost your mind and body for at least a half an hour of outdoor games every day. This will improve your brain function, make your smarter and you will no more feel blank and will also relieve a lot of stress from within.
As a parent, you should dedicate quality time to help your ward minimize the examination pressure and help them know that they will always have another chance to prove their intelligence. The idea is to assist them in developing a positive mindset right from the beginning. Remember this is not your last exam and your life is not going to end if you don’t get the right marks. The best way to deal with the examination anxiety is to welcome these healthy changes in your routine. Make a plan and study hard, you find your success anyway.
Dr.Jatin Chaudhary is a renowned Naturopathy Expert