Home | Breaking News | MIRACLE OF SYRIA Heart-wrenching moment crying little girl is pulled alive from rubble after Syrian forces bomb neighbourhood in Damascus
Clockwise from top left: Smoke and fire billowed from a reported car bomb in the southern city of Daraa during clashes between rebel fighters and regime force . This is another haunting picture of a wounded child from Syria . The young girl only known as Aya is seen emerging from beneath the rubble .Rescuers can be heard repeatedly proclaiming "God is great, God is great" as they lift her alive from under debris .Rescuers desperately dig to free a girl buried in rubble at her home. Young Aya was carried to safety

MIRACLE OF SYRIA Heart-wrenching moment crying little girl is pulled alive from rubble after Syrian forces bomb neighbourhood in Damascus

WT24 Desk

THESE are the distressing images of a young girl being pulled out alive from rubble after her home was bombed in Syria in the latest strikes, The Sun reports.

Footage released by Syria Civil Defence shows the frantic rescue of little Aya after she was buried under debris in the Tishreen neighbourhood in Damascus on Sunday.

It shows her entire body and hair covered with dust and debris as a team of men dig her out of her destroyed home. One rescuer can be seen pulling debris from inside her mouth. The Syria Civil Defence said her mother couldn’t find her daughter after Syrian forces bombarded the neighbourhood.

She told them: “Find her for me! Her name is Aya!” Luckily, volunteers were able to reach to the girl, lift her alive from under the rubble and transport her to a medical centre in the area.

Rescuers can be heard repeatedly proclaiming “God is great, God is great” as young Aya was carried to safety. The extent of her injuries are unclear. It comes as activists have reported air strikes in two other neighbourhoods, Qabun and Barzeh, over the weekend.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights say the Syrian government forces escalated their bombing campaign around the city today just days before renewed peace talks in Geneva. They said: “The toll in regime air strikes on (northern rebel district of Damascus) Barzeh has increased to seven people, including a woman and child.”

The British-based monitor added 12 more had been wounded as rockets also hit the northeastern opposition-controlled neighbourhood of Qabun overnight and into this morning.

Rebels and regime forces reached a local ceasefire in Qabun in 2014, but violence erupted there at the weekend when 16 people were killed in government rocket fire on a funeral. The High Negotiations Committee (HNC) said the attacks near Damascus and elsewhere were “obstructing the efforts aimed at a political transition in Syria”.

In a statement, the HNC said: “It is a bloody message from a criminal regime just a few days ahead of political negotiations in Geneva that demonstrates its rejection of any political solution.”

Representatives from the opposition and of President Bashar al-Assad’s regime are to head to Switzerland on Thursday for another attempt to end their country’s brutal six-year war.

Since the last round of talks in April 2016, rebels have lost their stronghold in east Aleppo and seen a new partnership form between their main ally Turkey and government backer Russia.

 Ankara and Moscow have teamed up to host two rounds of Syria peace talks in Kazakhstan in a bid to bolster a faltering truce they brokered in December.

Syria’s conflict has killed more than 310,000 people, morphing since 2011 from a protest movement against Assad into a fully fledged war that has seen jihadists rise to prominence.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

%d bloggers like this: