A woman and her daughter were burnt to death while the latter’s son was injured in a fire at Bhujbal village of Rajnagar upazila in Moulvibazar district early Thursday, Agencies report.
The deceased are Rokeya Begum, 50 wife of late Wasir Mia, and her daughter Shahina Begum, 24.
According to locals, the fire originated from an electrical short circuit in the house around 2:15am, leaving Shahina dead on the spot and severely injuring Rokeya and her son Munna Aziz.
Fire service members rescued Munna and Rokeya after they doused the flames with the help of locals after an hour.
The injured were first taken to Sylhet Osmani Medical College and Hospital. They were then being rushed to Dhaka but Rokeya succumbed to her injuries on the way.