A FUGITIVE terror suspect wanted over the Paris atrocities is said to have told a pal: “We went too far.”
Salah Abdeslam, 26, allegedly made the shock confession on Tuesday night – three days after the attacks that left 129 dead. He reportedly confided in the friend as he was holed up in a Brussels safe house. It is now thought the Friday 13th bomber and planner is also on the run from IS. French investigators are reported to believe he may have panicked or had second thoughts and failed to carry out his suicide attack last Friday.
The pal of Salah said:”I met him on Tuesday night but not for long. “He told me they had gone too far and he was overwhelmed by what was happening, but he couldn’t hand himself in because of the consequences for his family. He also fears reprisals from IS. “He said he wanted to get a message to his brother and warned over radicalisation.”
Mohamed Abdeslam, Salah’s brother, was previously arrested over the attacks but released. He has appeared on TV urging his brother to hand himself in. A third brother, Ibrahim, 31, blew himself up outside Paris’s Comptoir Voltaire cafe during the attacks last Friday, injuring three but killing only himself.
It also comes after the mastermind behind the Paris attacks was earlier today confirmed dead. Belgian IS terror cell leader Abdelhamid Abaaoud, 27, was killed in a shootout with more than 100 cops last night during a raid in the Saint Denis suburb of Paris. His body was identified from skin samples.
His cousin Hasna Ait Boulahcen, 26, blew herself to bits during the siege as she tried to lure cops into a deadly trap. Police described how her head flew through the window in the blast, Europe’s first carried out by a woman, The Sun reports