Seven people, including two children, have been burned in a fire in Old Dhaka, which police suspect started from a gas leak, Agencise report.
The incident was reported early Wednesday from a house at Gendaria’s Dhalkanagar, said police.Shyampur police OC Abdur Razzak Sheikh the fire broke out around 4:30am, possibly from a leak in the gas line in the kitchen.
The fire was put out by locals and no fire unit was required, said Fire Service Control Room Official Mahmudul Huq. Seven people were rescued from the scene and rushed to the Dhaka Medical College Hospital or DMCH.
DMCH police camp’s Sub-Inspector Bacchu Mia said that some of victims suffered 45 percent burns and that four of them were in critical condition.
The victims have been identified as Shuvo, 8, his sister Sharifa, 13, their father Md Sharif, their mother Shahida, aunt Shahnaz , uncle Ali Hossain and grandmother Aleya Begum.