Students of Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (Buet) on Tuesday withdrew their protests as the university authorities accepted most of their demands, Agencies report.
They, however, threated to boycott all the academic activities until the killers are expelled from the university and law enforcers submit the charge-sheet in the Abrar Fahad murder case.
The protesting students made the announcement at a press briefing at the Buet Shaheed Minar around 5:45pm.
They also thanked Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina for taking prompt actions against the killers.
They together with teachers will observe a mass oath-taking programme on the campus on Wednesday against all kinds of crime and injustice, the students said.
On Saturday, the protesters postponed their demonstrations for Sunday and Monday to facilitate the entry test of the university held on Monday after the university authorities accepted five of their demands.
In five notices, signed by acting Registrar Dr Md Saidur Rahman, Buet announced a ban on organisational politics, drive against illegal occupants at residential halls and sealing off offices of student organisations on the campus.
The university also announced to introduce a web portal where students can lodge complaints about ragging. The Buet authorities said the students accused in the Abrar Fahad murder case would be expelled once the charge-sheet is submitted.
They also promised to bear the expenses of legal proceedings of the murder case and bring every floor of the dormitories under round-the-clock CCTV monitoring.
Abrar Fahad, 21, a second-year student of electrical and electronic engineering department of Buet, was beaten to death allegedly by Bangladesh Chhatra League leaders at Sher-e-Bangla Hall.
He was found dead on the staircase of the dormitory in the early hours of October 7 after the BCL leaders beat him at room-2011.
A total of 20 people have so far arrested over the gruesome murder while five of the confessed to their involvement in the incident.